Monday, March 7, 2011

Facebook?


If you use Facebook and feel like "Like"'ing us, head on over to BETTER TIMES FACEBOOK PAGE and click the button.




I know I spent over 9000 minutes explaining how much I DIDN'T want this band to rely on Facebook for e-exposure.

BUT, discussing it with the other dudes in the band has helped me realize that there are actually some advantages to using Facebook. And that avoiding having a Facebook amounts to throwing the proverbial baby out with the hypothetical bathwater.

As far as page format goes, I definitely prefer the blog-style site to the Facebook-style site.
HOWEVER, this blog doesn't let us keep track of WHO is checking us out, and WHERE the checker-outers are from.
We've got a little page counter at the bottom of the blog. But, that doesn't tell me anything about who you are, what you like, where you're from, etc.


If our blog visit-counter gets 1,000 new page views today, and 956 of them come from El Paso, Texas...we have no way of knowing that.
With a Facebook page however, we can see that 956 people from El Paso decided to "Like" us all of a sudden...which lets us know that we'd probably draw a decent sized crowd if we ever played Texas.
Such information could very well motivate us to don cowboy hats, mount our lucky stallions and head south to play some rock-and-roll gigs.


SO, we made a Facebook.
THIS BLOG will still be our primary method of relaying information about our band.
The Facebook will be used for the exclusive purpose of keeping track of WHO is into us, and WHERE they're from... so that we can plan shows/tours/weekends/releases in a more strategic fashion.


If you use Facebook and feel like "Like"'ing us, head on over to BETTER TIMES FACEBOOK PAGE and click the button.




Feedback is crucial to us.
Since more people have Facebook accounts than blogger accounts, I'd rather receive feedback via band Facebook than not receive feedback at all.



Namaste.



-Frank Edge

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I enjoy your demo. I found your blog randomly through a posting about the Mike Bird tragic accident. I thought your reasoning for having a band Facebook page was well thought out. I dislike facebook as well and only have a blog account. However, facebook really helps with exposure nowadays and I believe you made the right choice. To help clarify who I am, I live in the Hudson Valley (Lower NY) and like most of hardcore's various sub-genres. I use my blog to reflect on current events, mainstream media, and give exposure to underground bands and music. Stay True :) XXX

    ReplyDelete