Monday, March 14, 2011

Updatesssssss

The show last night went off without a hitch.

Hoglust was RIDICULOUS.
I don't know if this is due to lineup changes or what, but they were so much tighter and so much more intense last night than in previous times I've seen them play. Fast and chaotic is how I like it, fast and chaotic is how Hoglust plays it. Definitely a good time.


Lapse, as expected, totally killed it. I'm not really too sure what's going on with their lineup situation, but I did hear that they're in the process of looking for a new drummer. Despite using a fill-in drummer last night, their set was totally flawless. I spent the past few weeks doing some homework, and actually learning the words to their songs, so singing a long definitely added a whole new element to the experience. I know I speak for the rest of the dudes in Better Times when I say that we really love Lapse, and are pumped to have been able to play 2 consecutive shows with them.

The Carrier was actually pretty good. Like I said in the previous post, it's been a while since I've actually sat down and given their songs a good listen. So that, combined with the PA system being a little fuzzy, made it tough for me to distinguish which of their songs was which. But their set was still enjoyable regardless. The passion and intensity that caught my attention last time I saw The Carrier play was in full-effect last night... and it was hard to walk away from their set with anything other than clenched fists.
Best of luck to those dudes on the rest of their tour!



As far as THE KIDS go.... I really am lucky to belong to a scene that has so many awesome, authentic people as members. It's amazing that after all these years, you can still count on seeing the same faces at every single show.
A few years back I'd always wonder and worry what the scene would be like in the future, when everyone got a little older and got jobs with stricter schedules, etc. I used to worry that everyone would slowly fade out and drift away. But as last night clearly demonstrates, the exact opposite has happened in Buffalo. Granted, we have lost a few people over the years... but the vast majority of the kids that I "came up" with are still around, and are more DOWN for the core than ever.
I would not have it any other way.
I used to go to shows in other cities, envy their huge scenes, and wish we had something like that in Buffalo. I can finally say, beyond a doubt, that what we've got in Buffalo completely meets those expectations I used to have.
As corny as it is to talk about "positivity", it's a really good feeling knowing that you and your band have support... from kids that aren't just fellow hardcore kids, but who have grown to become your personal friends as well.
At a show I'd rather have 50 kids with open minds and good attitudes, who I can count on and who I can consider my personal friends... than have 500 anonymous faces who are just there to hang out and look cool.

So THANK YOU to the kids in the Buffalo hardcore scene. I'm proud to call myself one of you. And proud of the fact that WE created the kind of scene we wanted to have. And WE keep it fresh, alive, and productive.



From here on out, everything Better Times does as a band is dedicated to BUFFALO CREW.





Respek.




-Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment